The biggest news on the internet today is undoubtedly the cancellation of Physics and Business Management papers by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) over massive leakage (what is termed in the local parlance as apor).
The papers in a new update shared by WAEC have been scheduled for Monday to ensure and safeguard the integrity of the examination. WAEC released a statement saying;
“A new date for the rescheduled papers (Physics 1 & 2 and Business Management 1 & 2) will be communicated in due course. However Automechanics 2 & 1 will be administered today, 15th September at 2pm as scheduled,” WAEC stated at a press briefing on Wednesday morning.
Meanwhile, a total of 11 schools were found culpable of the malfeasances and their names have equally been shared. WAEC also said it was continuously monitoring rogue websites and social media in collaboration with the security agencies.
The offending schools are as follows;
- Ejisu Senior High Technical School
- Anlo-Afiadenyigba Senior High School,
- Tepa Senior High School
- Yeji Senior High Technical School
- King David College, Somanya
- Ideal College, Sunyani
- Christ the King Senior High School, Obuasi
- Modern Senior High School, Kpong
- Modern Senior High School, Kintampo
- Oyoko Methodist Senior High School
- Klo Agogo Senior High School